Who Are Chamber Ambassadors?
Ambassadors are highly visible, prestigious volunteers who serve as the Chamber’s primary liasion to new Chamber members. Considered the goodwill arm of the Chamber, the Ambassador committee plays an essential role in member communication and retention, and each Ambassador is charged with conveying member needs, questions and concerns to Chamber staff, keeping our Chamber in line with our members’ desires.
Upon their appointment, each Ambassador makes a commitment to build lasting relationships with the Chamber membership, particularly new members, in order to build a loyal, committed membership base that will continue to support, participate in and invest in the Chamber.
About The Program + Commitment.
Ambassadors actively promote membership in the Chamber, facilitate networking among members and encourage meaningful participation and involvement in Chamber programs in order to enhance the membership benefits received by each member, strengthen member commitment and increase long-term member retention.
The Ambassador program is a sub-committee of the Membership Committee, and the program is coordinated by the Ambassdor Chair and Chamber’s Executive director.
Ambassadors will each receive monthly new member assignments, and Ambassadors can expect to spend 1-3 hours per month on their Ambassador duties. Ambassadors are expected to attend at least one monthly Ambassador meeting per quarter, a minimum of four per year. The Ambassador Committee meets 11am - 12 pm on the first Wednesday of every month.
- Accept new member assignments and conduct new member interviews (quality contacts), reporting relevant information from these interviews to Chamber staff at a monthly Ambassador meeting.
- Attend Chamber events to greet and build relationships with new members, as well as to facilitate introductions and foster direct connections for new members.
- Attend member ribbon cuttings, and grand openings.
- Maintain monthly contact via e-mail or phone with new member assignments.
- Volunteer at Chamber functions.
To Get Involved in the Ambassador Program please contact the office at 203-743-6500
Bethel Chamber Ambassadors
Brennan Purdy - State Farm Insurance - Chairman
Sharon Palmer - Bethel Bulletin
Jessica Castro - Union Savings Bank Branch Manager
Ely Crozier - People’s United Bank Branch Manager
Christie Macomber - Bethel’s Hamlet Hub
Linda Cyr - Bethel Chamber Membership Director